LIVE YOUR VALUES

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Thursday Thirteen # 1



On March 4th I twisted my ankle and sheared off part of the bone on the top of my foot. Since then I've been home from work and on crutches. Tomorrow I go back to the orthopedic surgeon for my first check up. So in honor of my broken foot...

13 Things That Stink About Being On Crutches

  1. They leave bruises under your arms, on your sides

  2. They fall over... a lot

  3. Sometimes I fall over (LOL)

  4. They are awkward (just watch me trying to get them, then me, into my car)

  5. My animals are afraid of them

  6. I can't carry anything in my hands with them

  7. Turtles lap me (aka I'm slow)

  8. If someone moves them, I'm stuck

  9. Stairs become mountains

  10. I get stuck in swinging doors and have to wait for people to open them for me

  11. They are noisy

  12. I think the grips may be starting to smell funny (gross)

  13. They don't match my outfits!! jk

7 comments:

kay said...

Good for you---a little humor to deal with the unpleasantness. Get well soon!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Oh, I am so sorry to hear about your ankle. Maybe you'll now be stuck and have more time to read ;-)

Jennifer Chasse said...

At least you have a sense of humor about it! I have never been on crutches and god willing never will be. Hope you are off yours soon.

Lezlie said...

Sounds hideous! But like Jennifer said, at least you have a sense of humor about it. Take care and get well soon!

Lezlie

The Library Lady said...

Oww, oww, OWW!
I broke my foot some years back and understand completely--especially about the stairs and the swinging doors!

Hope that you recover swiftly and can get rid of the crutches.

Like your blog--I'll be back!

Lilibeth said...

crutches--necessary but oh so uncomfortable. I sympathize. Hope you get off them soon.

Juli said...

Thanks everyone for the kind words and "pick me up"! Saw Dr. today. Two MORE weeks off work and I have to add physical therapy three times a week.

I guess it leaves more time to read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...