LIVE YOUR VALUES

Monday, March 17, 2008

Spring Reading Thing 2008


Yeah, I'm already signed up for the Spring Reading Challenge. Why am I doing this one too? I'm going to sign up for this challenge since it runs different dates (goes a little longer), allows you to link your posts and there are prizes!!!

Spring Reading Thing is being hosted by Callista at Callapidder Days

Spring Reading Thing 2008 is simply an opportunity for you to set some reading goals, share them with the blogosphere, and work toward them this spring. Perhaps you want to add some variety to your fiction reading. Or maybe you've had very good intentions as far as reading that book on budgeting or marriage or starting a home business, but...you haven't even cracked the cover yet. Some might want to read more with their children; others might feel guilty for never having read Wuthering Heights.
The official dates are March 20th through June 19th. Make your own list!!!!!!

My list will cross over with the other Spring Challenge so I don't go crazy and then will have my additions since it runs longer.

1. The Messenger (Lois Lowry)
2. God of Small Things (Arundhati Roy)
3. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn (Betty Smith)
4. The Boy In Striped Pajamas (John Boyne)
5. Prentice Alvin (Orson Scott Card)
6. The Blind Assassin (Margaret Atwood)
7. Bel Canto (Ann Patchett)
8. Parasite Rex (Carl Zimmer)
9. Number the Stars (Lois Lowry)

Alternates

Alvin Journeyman
Heartfire
The Crystal City
House of the Spirits (Isabel Allende)
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (J. K. Rowling)
Kabul Beauty School: An American Woman Goes Behind the Veil (Deborah Rodriquez)

Dicey's Song (Cynthia Voight)
Holes (Louis Sachar)
Uglies (Scott Westerfeld)
Magic Study (Maria Snyder)
I, Mona Lisa (Jeanne Kalogridis)

12 comments:

Beth Wright (P31 OBS Team Member) said...

I've read several on your list! Love the HP books. I recently read A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. Excellent book. I also read The Book of Ruth a few years ago! Another good one!!!

Enjoy your reading!!!

Pattie said...

I love your blog's title! Hee hee!
www.xanga.com/pattierwr

Lindsay said...

Looks like a great list!! I love the Harry Potter books!

Becky said...

It looks like a great list. It's good to see some other people will be reading (or trying to read) Orson Scott Card. And I love Lois Lowry.

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

I still haven't read A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, even though I'm always seeing it on reading challenge lists. I probably need to, though. Thanks for being part of SRT '08!

Wifey said...

I read The Book of Ruth several years ago and really enjoyed it. Have fun reading!

Juli said...

thanks for the comments everyone! I'm just start A Tree Grows in Brooklyn now.

Can you believe I haven't read 1 HP book? Gotta start sometime!

:::heading off to check your lists:::

Deena Peterson said...

Great variety and some old favorites on your list! Looking forward to your thoughts!

Kim said...

Great list. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn is on one of my other challenge lists--my decades challenge. I can't wait to read it again.
Have fun spring reading thing!
http://pageafterpage-kim.blogspot.com/

Kim said...

Great list. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn is on one of my other challenge lists--my decades challenge. I can't wait to read it again.
Have fun spring reading thing!
http://pageafterpage-kim.blogspot.com/

Gretchen said...

My nine year old teenage daughter gave me Number the Stars to read, and I really liked it. Reminded me quite a bit of the nonfiction Diary of Anne Frank in some ways.

I want to read a Tree Grows in Brooklyn, too.

Happy Easter.

Kodelle said...

I keep seeing A Tree Grows in Brooklyn on lists this Spring. I want to jump on the bandwagon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...