LIVE YOUR VALUES

Monday, March 31, 2008

ORBIS TERRARUM Challenge


The rules for this one are simple: choose 9 different books, written by 9 different authors, from 9 different countries.

Dates: April 1st, 2008 to December 20th 2008

Orbis Terrarum Challenge

My List

1. The God of Small Things (India) completed 4.2.08
2. The Blind Assassin (Canada) completed 5.12.08
3. Bel Canto (South America) completed 4.30.08
4. The Devil's Arithmetic (Poland) completed
5. The Shadow of the Wind (Spain) completed 6.22.08
6. Kabul Beauty School (Afghanistan) completed 4.5.08
7. Decipher (Antarctica) completed 7.7.08
8. The House of the Spirirts (Chile) completed 4.26.08
9. I, Mona Lisa (Italy) completed 5.26.08

10. When We Were Gods: A Novel of Cleopatra (Egypt) completed 5.28.08
11. The Things They Carried (Vietnam) completed 6.6.08
12. Number the Stars (Denmark) comleted 6.19.08

5 comments:

Maw Books said...

I really like The Devil's Arithmetic! There's a movie too, I liked it as well.

bethany (dreadlock girl) said...

welcome!!! it will be great fun starting TOMORROW!! yay! can't wait to begin this international journey!

check back on our blog tomorrow for the kick-off post!!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Oh...this sounds like another fun challenge. How do you do so many - or are a lot of the books ones that overlap? I loved "Bel Canto."

Juli said...

Yeah, they have to be overlaps. Thats what I love, trying to see if I can get everything to "fit". I may not finish them all but it is a challenge!!! If I can't use overlaps I usually don't join. I'm not a super reader like some around here. I'll do the best I can and see how far I get.

The challeges also let me explore new areas. I guess I technically don't have to join but when I join I get to "meet" new people and see their blogs etc.

My name is Juli...I'm a challenge addict...

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I might just have to join this challenge then! I can do overlaps. And I can make the historical one overlap as well. And I see what you mean about finding other blogs...I have no idea how I landed on half the ones that I read! Of course, blogging infringes on my reading time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...