Well my second Sunday Salon is no where near as exciting as the first. I'm still working on House of the Spirits by Isabel Allende. I'm on page 164 of 433. It started VERY slowly and I almost re- shelved it. Bookgal left me a post encouraging me to keep reading and that it got better. It is better but still not the best novel I've read. If it wasn't covering several challenges for me I would probably return it to the shelf.
I'm also getting ready to return to teaching. I've been off since March 5th after breaking my foot so much more of my time has been devoted to preparing material for class and grading papers. the weather has also improved so I've been outside more and not stuck in bed.
I'm on the last chapter of my audio book Dracula. It has been phenomenal. I didn't realize how well written Dracula was. The narration leaves a little to be desire but since I downloaded it free from Librivox I can't complain. When I finish Dracula I'm moving onto some of the books from the L. Frank Baum Oz Series.
WHAT AM I READING NEXT?
I can't decide. Either...
- Bel Canto by Ann Patchett or
- The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood
- Dracula by Bram Stoker
- The Frantic Woman's Guide to Life (Rulnick & Schneider)
- The Lost Painting (Jonathan Harr)
- Anna and the King of Siam (Margaret Landon)
- Gardening Success
- Beneath It All (Versel Lewis)
- The Immortal (Angela Hunt)
- The Reluctant Fundamentalist--for my husband