LIVE YOUR VALUES

Friday, May 2, 2008

Weekly Geeks

This week is Discover New Blogs Week!

These were our instructions:


1. Look through the list of blogs on the Mr Linky below and see if you can find five that are new to you. If you can’t, find as many new blogs as possible and then some you don’t read super regularly.

2. Visit those new blogs. A comment would be nice; people like comments.

3. When you’re ready, at some point by Friday if you want to be included in the blurbs next week, write a post in your blog featuring those new blogs you visited.

4. Don’t forget to come back here and leave a link to your post, so that I can get it into the blurbs!

Here are the blogs I visisted:

BLOG # 1

Mary at This Book Is For You. I picked her because she was right above me on the list and I had to start somewhere. I stayed because of her blog description "Dear Reader, life is too short for crap books." A good laugh is a good start. A lot of good stuff going on at her blog. She likes YA as much as I do!

BLOG # 2

Chartroose at Bloody Hell, It's a Book Barrage. This one got my attention by the spelling of Chartroose and then I was expecting that to be the title of the blog. I started laughing, again, when I saw "Bloody Hell". This may show my ignorance but Chartroose's blog introduced me to the Kindle and the controversy it is apparently causing. Looks pretty cool to me!

BLOG # 3

Mog at Mog's Book Blog. Mog's taste is books is very different than mine. I hope that when I go back and read some reviews I can get some motiviation and inspiration to pick up a books for the Nineteenth Century Women Writers Challenge. I had a nice visit.

BLOG # 4

John Mutford at The Book Mine Set. He's the host of The Canadian Book Challenge. I have a lot of exploring to do here!

BLOG # 5

Em at Em's Bookshelf. I picked her from the list because my cat is named Emmy. Silly...I know. Her blog is filled with nice reviews, mostly teen stuff.

1 comment:

Em said...

Hi, just wanted to say thanks for visiting my blog! :) I see that you're currently reading The Blind Assassin. I really enjoyed it. I'm thinking about picking up Moral Disorder this week. Have you read that one?
Cheers,
-Em

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...