LIVE YOUR VALUES

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Book Awards Reading Challenge II


BOOK AWARD READING CHALLENGE II

Rules:
  1. Read 10 award winners from August 1, 2008 through June 1, 2009.
  2. You must have at least FIVE different awards in your ten titles.
  3. Overlaps with other challenges are permitted.

Here are some award winners I have sitting on my shelf now. I'll narrow it down soon. I wanted to sign up before I forgot.

  • Koko by Peter Straub
  • Sophie's Choice by William Styron
  • The Accidental Tourist by Anne Tyler
  • Plague’s Progress by Arno Karlen
  • Guns, Germs and Steel by Jared Diamond
  • A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson
  • American Gods by Neil Gaiman
  • Bloodletting and Miraculous Cures by Vincent Lamb
  • Anil's Ghost by Michael Ondaatje
  • Holes by Louis Sachar
  • A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier by Ishmael Beah
  • Dicey's Song by Cynthia Voigt
  • We Need to Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver
  • Life of Pi by Yann Martel
  • The Throat by Peter Straub
  • The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon
  • The Shipping News by E. Annie Proulx
  • Snow Falling on Cedars by David Guterson

1 comment:

Kim (Sophisticated Dorkiness) said...

Holes is one of the best young adult books I've ever read. The story is new, and it kept me guessing all the way though. I think you should definitely read it.

Kim

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...