LIVE YOUR VALUES

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Books Vs. Movies (BTT)

Suggested by: Superfastreader:

Books and films both tell stories, but what we want from a book can be different from what we want from a movie. Is this true for you? If so, what’s the difference between a book and a movie?

The first word that came to my mind was escape. I often find myself escaping in books. I don't find that to be true with movies. They are both entertaining but there is just something about a book that I can escape with. I guess with a book you run your own show, you can stop and start when you want, think over things, go back and reread. With a movie, it is meant to be watched in one sitting. No going back, stopping and thinking. You're forced to experience it as it was set forth by the producer/director etc. With a book you have more room to move in your mind. Your imagination can run wild.

I'm curious to hear what others have to say.

2 comments:

trish said...

I agree. There seems to be something about reading that is more engaging than watching a movie. Maybe it's that you need to use your imagination with a book, whereas with a movie, you don't need any imagination at all...

Mr. Chester said...

Interesting point. I've always considered movies to be more escapist than books, probably because books require more work on the part of the audience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...