LIVE YOUR VALUES

Friday, January 11, 2008

May I Introduce (BTT)

How did you come across your favorite author(s)? Recommended by a friend? Stumbled across at a bookstore? A book given to you as a gift?

Was it love at first sight? Or did the love affair evolve over a long acquaintance?

When I was a teenager my favorite author was Stephen King. I was babysitting and found Pet Semetary sitting on the shelf and started reading (I was probably 13). I was scared shitless and I loved it. I've read every book of his that I could get my hands on. However, I wouldn't call King my favorite author. His book The Stand does rank as one of my all times favorites and I loved his Dark Tower series. I haven't read a lot of his recently published books. I read a lot of Koontz, Robin Cook etc. I guess I was afraid to venture outside of that genre (until recently)

Now I read all over that place. I've read all of Katherine Neville's books, Phillipa Gregory and Dan Brown, but wouldn't call them faves. I want to try a little of everything from everyone.

I think I have commitment issues.

3 comments:

Jeane said...

I could say the same, in that I have so many authors I really like, none is an actual favorite over the others. BTW, I really like that image on your header. Very cool.

BookGal said...

I agree ... I like to read a lot of different people! Thanks for the blog visit.

Literary Feline said...

I definitely do have favorites, but there are so many that it kind of takes some of the significance of having just one or two favorites away, doesn't it? Oh well. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...