LIVE YOUR VALUES

Saturday, January 26, 2008

BTT: "Huh? Never heard of it?"

What’s your favorite book that nobody else has heard of? You know, not Little Women or Huckleberry Finn, not the latest best-seller . . . whether they’ve read them or not, everybody “knows” those books. I’m talking about the best book that, when you tell people that you love it, they go, “Huh? Never heard of it?”

Geez, I'm pretty late this this week.

Eveyone around here is pretty well read and I'm just starting to branch out so my choices may not be as obscure as some of the other's I've been reading. The two I've chosen are...

The Gallery of Regrettable Food by James Lileks (my review here). This one I picked from a challenge and was fantastic and unique.

The other is Poison Study by Maria Study. Choose: A quick death or slow poison. About to be executed for murder, Yelena is offered an extraordinary reprieve. She’ll eat the best meals; have rooms in the palace- and risk assassination by anyone trying to kill the Commander of Ixia. And so Yelena chooses to become a food taster. I enjoyed the combination of magic and fantasy in this one.

Have a great week everyone!

4 comments:

Marg said...

I loved both of Maria Snyder's books! Can't wait for the third one to come out!

Jeane said...

That Poison Study sounds pretty good.

Kathleen said...

I haven't heard of either of those but that Poison Study sounds interesting. I'm later than you! I just posted my answer! (At SMS Book Reviews)

chelsea said...

My TBR list continue's to grow. Maria Snyder's book sounds interesting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...