- The Book Thief by Mark Zukas
- Snow Flower and The Secret Fan by Lisa See
- Marley and Me by John Grogran
- Women of the Silk by Gail Tsukiyama
- Poison Study byMaria Snyder
- Girl With the Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier (boring)
- The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan (the only book I didn't finish and I really wanted to like it! I'm a biology teacher)
- The Beekeeper's Apprentice by Laurie King (it seemed to dribble on and on)
- Three Junes by Julia Glass (it just wasn't there for me)
- Sister India by Peggy Payne. I read it for a challenge for authors with double lettered names and it turned out to be pretty interesting
- Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. I just don't feel it lived up to all the hype. How many of us can drop our entire lives to move to India and live in an Ashram to find inner peace?
Overall, a good year of reading. Its hard for me to find a book I really dislike. I'm still trying to finish my 2007 author challenge so this list might change.