LIVE YOUR VALUES

Monday, September 17, 2007

Books in the Mail

Is there anything better than getting books in the mail? How about when one is a surprise? Today four books showed up. I was waiting for three but the fourth was a complete surprise! I'm not sure how many of you are members at paperbackswap but I visit the game forum there often and play in the swaps. You "put up" one book (usually secretly) and then people take turns revealing and stealing books until everyone has one. I've had a chance to get some interesting books this way I never would have read otherwise. You can also sign up for secret buddy swaps where you agree to send someone a book secretly and know you will get at least 1 book in return. Well, I've gotten three this time! People have been very generous. As soon as I'm settled into my new house I'm going to repay these "surprise" books to someone who isn't expecting it.

So what has shown up this week?

How to Be Popular by Meg Cabot

Chill Factor by Sandra Brown

The Butterfly House by Marcia Preston

gods in Alabama by Joshilyn Jackson

The Thieves of Heaven by Richard Doetsch

Beneath a Marble Sky by John Shors

The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy

If I had more time, or when I have more time, I'll include a little description for each one.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...