LIVE YOUR VALUES

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Book Review: POISON STUDY


Poison Study

Author: Maria Snyder

Pages: 361

Personal Rating: 5/5

From the back cover:

Choose: A quick death or slow poison. About to be executed for murder, Yelena is offered an extraordinary reprieve. She’ll eat the best meals; have rooms in the palace- and risk assassination by anyone trying to kill the Commander of Ixia.

And so Yelena chooses to become a food taster. But the chief of security, leaving nothing to chance, deliberately feeds her Butterfly’s Dust- and only by appearing for her daily antidote will she delay an agonizing death from the poison.

As Yelena tries to escape her new dilemma, disasters keep mounting. Rebels plot to seize Ixia and Yelena develops magical powers she can’t control. Her life is threatened again and choices must be made. But this time the outcomes aren’t so clear.

I CANNOT wait until the next two books come out—Magic Study and Fire Study. I may actually buy Fire Study in hardback when it comes out in March of 08.

Go Get This Book!

2 comments:

Nurin said...

I agree with you. Poison Study was an awesome book- I loved the well-written characters and the description of all the food tasting. In fact this book was so hooking that I immediately started reading the second book upon completion of the first. Magic Study did not disappoint- it was filled with action and adventure. Like you, I will eagerly await the day when Fire Study is released.

Juli said...

I'm embarassed to say I haven't read Magic Study yet. For how much I loved Poison Study I wanted to do it immediately. I have it on my wishlist at paperback swap so I'm trying to see if I can get it without have to spend any $$$$. I may run out of patience and just go buy it/both of them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...