LIVE YOUR VALUES

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunday Salon

This is my first salon in almost two years! I stopped blogging after my broken foot started to heal. Its taken me awhile to get back to blogging but I'm looking forward to it. I think the key for me will be to keep it simple to start. So, what have I been up to???

1. I decided on the Kindle. I really think it is a matter of personal preference. For me the deciding factors were
  • "e ink" and no back lighting. My husband has some eye problems and I wanted to cut down on eye fatigue

  • color screen didn't matter, nor did a touch screen since I already have an iphone

  • it was lighter

  • I found it visually more appealing.

I love it!!!! It is one of the best purchases I've made. For the first time since I was nine I went on vacation without physically carrying a book with me. This from the girl who took a 1000+ page hardback on the plane to China bcs I couldn't wait to read it. The convenience can't be beat. One issue I would like to see improved is the page numbering. My issue is that there isn't any. When you read there is a scroll bar across the bottom that tells you that you are "5% complete". You just don't know if that is 5% of 100 pages or 5% of 800 pages. I would somehow like to see real page numbers incorporated. I know this might be difficult to compare electronic page to actual page to electronic pages but I'm sure they could make it work somehow.

2. I'm trying to read more. Aren't we all? The Kindle makes it easier to read more and read more often. I read more in Febuarary than I did in January. I'll probably read as much in March as I did in Febuary. Some books just read easier than others.

The City & the City
by China Melville ate up a lot of my reading time. While others books I was able to fly right through. I'm hoping to start adding reviews to my blog as I have time.

I'm currently reading Swamplandia! by Karen Russell and I have 28% complete. It started off very well. Right now it is starting to flag and flounder. I hope it picks back up.

My upcoming reading is: The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks


The Sunday Salon.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...